Peter Senge beskriver i “The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of the Learning Organization” 7 möjliga attityder i förhållande till en vision:
- Commitment: Wants it. Will make it happen. Creates whatever ”laws” (structures) are needed
- Enrollment: wants it. Will do whatever can be done within the “spirit of law.”
- Genuine compliance: See the benefits of the vision. Does everything excepted and more. “Follows the letter of the law.” ”Good soldier ”
- Formal compliance: On the whole, sees the benefits of the vision. Does what´s expected and no more. “Pretty good soldier”.
- Grudging compliance: Does not see the benefits of the vision. But, also, does not want to lose job. Does enough of what´s expected because he has to, but also lets it be known that he is not really on board.
- Noncompliance: Does not see benefits of vision and will not do what’s expected. I won’t do it; you can’t make me”.
- Apathy: neither for nor against vision. No interest. No energy. Is ot five o´clock yet?”